A series of statements to guide best practice in PR measurement that were endorsed after a vote of global delegates at the AMEC European Measurement Summit in 2010:
- Goal setting and measurement are fundamental aspects of any PR programmes.
- Media measurement requires quantity and quality – cuttings in themselves are not enough.
- Advertising Value Equivalents (AVEs) do not measure the value of PR and do not inform future activity.
- Social media can and should be measured. Measuring outcomes is preferred to measuring media results.
- Business results can and should be measured where possible.
- Transparency and Replicability are paramount to sound measurement
(Source: www.amecorg.com, June 13, 2012)